Milk-poached smoked halibut, Erengii, shellfish and walnut crumble
1Cooking the halibut
- Place the milk, thyme, garlic and savory in a large saucepan. Add the halibut fillets to the cold milk and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat, cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Remove the halibut fillets and set aside the milk. Strain the milk to remove the herbs, then add the butter and lecithin.
- Emulsify in a bain-marie.
2Preparing the garnish
- Wash the vegetables. Peel the carrots and beetroot then dice the carrots and courgettes. Halve the marrow fat peas. Finely slice the beetroot and cut with a 2-cm-diameter cutter. Place the carrots and courgettes with the mini leeks, pattypan squash and marrow fat peas in a large pan of boiling salted water. Cook then stir-fry the vegetables in a large frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Halve the Erengii mushrooms. Score the insides with a sharp knife, then flash-fry them on the plancha.
- Open the oysters, rough crush then mix with the aniseed, fresh cream and chives. Grate the zest of a lemon quarter then mix together.
3Preparing the savoury crumble
- Rub together the flour, butter, grated Parmesan, almond powder and crushed walnuts with the tips of your fingers. Add the chilli, salt and pepper.
- Spread over a sheet of silicone or baking parchment and bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 200°C.
- Dress the dish on a place by placing the fish in the middle and surrounding with the vegetables. Sprinkle the crumble over it and add a few mertensia leaves.