Gianduja chocolate brioche
- In a mixing bowl, pour in the salt, sugar, yeast and milk and blend until a consistent base is achieved.
- Add the 6 eggs and the flour gradually to your base. Knead the dough by hand for 10 minutes by stretching it and folding it on itself.
- Add the diced room-temperature butter to the dough, then knead again for 15 minutes.
- Once your dough is smooth, mix in the Gianduja chocolate. Allow to stand for 30 minutes in the open air in a bowl covered with a wet cloth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide your dough into an even number of balls. In your mould, create two lines of balls that are stuck to each other.
- Brush the tops of the brioche dough with egg yolk to brown during baking.
- Preheat your oven to 180° and cook the brioche for 25 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar.Chef’s tipif you’re feeling creative, shape your brioche in whichever way you wish, such as pleated, pads etc. The simplest shape is that of the Nanterre brioche, presented in stage 2 of the recipe.