Privacy and cookies
The Charter below sets out the policy of the company La Grande Épicerie de Paris, which is a company that sells food products under the trade name La Grande Épicerie de Paris (hereinafter, "La Grande Épicerie de Paris") in relation to privacy and cookies on the website www.lagrandeepicerie.com (hereinafter the Site). This Charter applies to all the information provided by you, or gathered by La Grande Épicerie de Paris when you browse the Site.
La Grande Épicerie de Paris respects your concerns about the confidentiality of the information that you provide us. By giving us your information and personal data, you agree for us to use, review and, if necessary, disclose them, particularly so that we may process your newsletter requests or product orders on the Site. It is therefore recommended that you read this Charter very carefully.
By using the Site, you may be asked to give La Grande Épicerie de Paris your personal information, particularly when creating an account on the Site, placing an order, signing up to a newsletter or La Carte 24 Sèvres loyalty program.
Any information of a personal nature that you may be asked to transmit to La Grande Épicerie de Paris for the use of certain services is subject, in particular, to the provisions of law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Data Protection, as amended by the law of 6 August 2004.
In addition, La Grande Épicerie de Paris may need to gather certain information related to your browsing on the Site. This collection is performed under the conditions described in Article 5 "Cookies" of this Charter.
You have the right, which you may exercise at any time, to access, correct and remove personal information concerning you, as well as to oppose the processing of these data. You also have the right to unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe link present in each of the communications sent by La Grande Épicerie de Paris.
Any requests concerning the right to access, correct or remove personal information concerning you must be sent to the dedicated address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also send a request related to the management of your personal information on the Site by regular mail to the following address:
Le Bon Marché, Paris – Service Relations Clientèle Internet [Internet Customer Services Department] – 24 rue de Sèvres – 75007 Paris
Through the Site, La Grande Épicerie de Paris collects and processes only the personal data necessary to fulfil the following purposes:
• Management of Newsletter subscriptions and unsubscriptions
• The execution and follow-up of orders made on the Site
• Anonymous statistical calculations concerning visits to the Site
• Enabling access to certain Site functions
• Following your prior agreement, sending you information about La Grande Épicerie de Paris, its news, products and services, as well as marketing messages and personalised offers
• Following your prior agreement, sending you information about the 24 Sèvres site, its news, products and services, as well as marketing messages and personalised offers, and also about La Carte 24 Sèvres Loyalty Program
• With your agreement, carrying out surveys and polls.
When collecting personal information, the information essential to the fulfilment of these purposes in order to respond to your questions is indicated with an asterisk (mainly: title, surname, first name, postal address, email address, and bank details). If you do not complete the obligatory fields, we will not be able to respond to your questions.3.2 Conservation des données
The data are stored for a period not exceeding the term necessary for the following purposes: • Newsletter: your data will be retained as long as your subscription is active. • Order: the data necessary to process your order will be retained for as long as necessary to establish a right or a contract.3.3 Destinataire des données
All the personal data collected on the Site are intended for La Grande Épicerie de Paris, as well as the companies 24 Sèvres and Le Bon Marché Maison Aristide Boucicaut where your prior consent has been obtained.
As part of order follow-up, the data may be transferred to third party companies on behalf of La Grande Épicerie de Paris.
In any case, La Grande Épicerie de Paris will only transmit your data to a third party in the following specific cases:
• La Grande Épicerie de Paris is obliged to transmit your personal data to a third party as part of requests made by you; • La Grande Épicerie de Paris has received your express consent to transmit this information to a third party; • La Grande Épicerie de Paris is ordered by a judicial authority to transmit the said information to an administrative or judicial authority.
La Grande Épicerie de Paris has taken the necessary steps to implement all useful precautions to ensure the security and confidentiality of the processed personal data and to prevent them from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or that an unauthorised third party may have accessed this data. All security means implemented are state of the art, particularly as regards the information systems.
Given that La Grande Épicerie de Paris does not have control over the risks linked to Internet operation, it reminds visitors of the existence of potential risks pertaining to its use and operation.
It is possible for you to fill out the contact information of a third party as part of your order (e.g. a gift). In this regard, the third-party data entered will only be used by La Grande Épicerie de Paris to process this order. In this case, you warrant to La Grande Épicerie de Paris that the third party whose data you are sending has been informed that you have sent data to us about him/her.5 - Transfer of data abroad
The recipients of your data may be located abroad, including outside the European Economic Area. Any transfer of your data outside the European Economic Area shall be performed subject to the appropriate safeguards, particularly contractually established ones, in accordance with the applicable regulations concerning personal data protection.6 - Use of the data
La Grande Épicerie de Paris will not transfer or sell the personal data to a third party who is not an affiliate or partner unless La Grande Épicerie de Paris has previously informed you in its communications, agreements or information available on the Site, or you have given your express consent or the law requires it.
If La Grande Épicerie de Paris is compelled by law or by a judge to submit personal data about you, La Grande Épicerie de Paris undertakes to notify you, where possible (unless La Grande Épicerie de Paris reasonably believes that it is not authorised to do so, particularly in light of the legal or judicial obligations that may be imposed on it).
Taking into account the state of technologies, particularly those generally implemented in telecommunication networks, La Grande Épicerie de Paris cannot guarantee, in particular, the confidentiality, integrity or authentication of the emails that you send to or receive from La Grande Épicerie de Paris.
A "cookie" or tracker refers to a text file that may be saved in a dedicated space on your Terminal's (computer, tablet, smartphone) hard disk depending on the browser software that you use to visit our Site and subject to your choices about cookies saved in your browser. This Cookie file enables its issuer to identify the Terminal on which it is saved during the validity or recording time of the Cookie.
During a visit to the Site, information about browsing on our Site from your terminal may be saved in the "cookie" files installed on your terminal. When you visit the Site for the first time, and when La Grande Épicerie de Paris wishes to place a Cookie on your terminal, you are informed by means of an information banner shown at the top of the page. By continuing to browse the Site after this banner is displayed, you expressly agree that La Grande Épicerie de Paris can install cookies.
You can modify the settings related to cookies at any time. You can find more information below concerning Cookies and how you can manage settings related to Cookies.
Depending on the choices recorded in your browser, any browsing on the Site is likely to give rise to the recording of various Cookies on your terminal, enabling La Grande Épicerie de Paris to recognise your terminal's browser during the validity period of the Cookie.
The Cookies that we record enable us to:
• establish statistics and visit and usage volumes of the various elements of which the Site is comprised (sections and content visited, pathways), enabling La Grande Épicerie de Paris to improve the benefits and ergonomics of our services;
• adapt the presentation of our Site to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits on the Site, depending on the hardware and display or reader software that your terminal has;
• where you provided us with personal data when you registered, particularly your electronic contact information, your Order or when you accessed one of our services, to associate these data with the browsing information so that we can send you, for example, electronic marketing materials or display on your terminal, in advertising spaces that we issue, personalised ads that are specifically intended for you and likely to be of interest to you personally;
• where you provided us with personal data about you, particularly your electronic contact information, when you registered or when you accessed one of the services of La Grande Épicerie de Paris, to combine these data with browsing information about your terminal so that we can send you, for example, electronic marketing material from La Grande Épicerie de Paris and offer you advertising based on your interests via our network of preferred advertisers;
• store information derived from a form that you completed on the Site (registration or when accessing your account) or products, services or information that you have chosen on the Site (a subscribed service, contents of an order basket, etc.);
• enable you to access personal and reserved areas of the Site, such as your account, by means of identification details or data that you may have entrusted to us previously;
• implement security measures, for example, when you are asked to log in to content or a service again after a certain amount of time has passed;
• fight Internet fraud (prevention of payment fraud, identity theft, etc.). In this regard, La Grande Épicerie de Paris or its service providers acting on its behalf, may install trackers, subject to your rights, with a view to collecting information about the terminal that was used to place the Order (particularly the operating system used, the location of the machine, whether or not a proxy was used, etc.). These "fingerprint" type trackers combined with the data in your Order are used to validate your Order, payment and delivery methods.
La Grande Épicerie de Paris may include computer applications coming from third parties on the Site enabling Site content to be shared with others or to show others certain aspects of your visit. This is particularly the case of the "Share" or "Like" button on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
The social network providing the application button is likely to identify you.
There are several ways for you to manage cookies. Any change of settings is likely to affect your browsing and how you access the Site. You can modify these settings at any time using the procedures described below.
You can configure your browser software so that, depending on your choice, cookies are saved on your terminal or, conversely, are rejected. You can also configure your browser software so that you are asked to accept cookies each time as well as before a cookie is saved on your Terminal.
a) Agreement about cookies
Any cookies saved on your Terminal are conditional on your consent, which you can give and modify at any time, at no cost, by changing your browser's settings. If you have accepted the recording of cookies on your Terminal, the cookies embedded in the pages and the content that you have consulted will be stored in a reserved space on your Terminal and can only be read and recognised by the issuer.
b) Refusing cookies
If you refuse the recording of cookies, or if you delete the ones recorded, you will no longer be able to benefit from a number of the functionalities that are needed to facilitate browsing on the Site. This will be the case if you wish to access areas or services in which you need to be identified. This will also be the case if La Grande Épicerie de Paris or its service providers are unable to recognise you for purposes of technical compatibility, browser type used by your Terminal, its language and display settings or the country from which your Terminal appears to be connected to the Internet. If applicable, we decline all responsibility for any consequences related to the degraded operation of our services due to settings that you have chosen.
c) How can I exercise my choices based on the browser that I am using?
As regards cookie management, each browser offers different configuration methods. They are described in the help menu of each browser:
For Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher:
• Choose the "Tools" menu and then "Internet Options"
• Click on the "Confidentiality" tab
• Select the desired confidentiality level using the cursor.
For Mozilla Firefox:
• Choose the "Tools" menu and then "Options"
• Click on the "Privacy" icon
• Locate the "Cookies" menu and select the options best suited to you.
• Choose the "Settings" menu
• Click on "Show advanced settings" and go to the "Confidentiality" paragraph
• Click on "Content settings"
• Choose the "File" menu and then "Preferences"
• Click on the "Privacy" icon
• Choose your confidentiality settings
• Tap the top-right button
• Go to "Settings" and then "Privacy and security"
• Choose your privacy settings
For Dolphin on Android:
• In the menu, go to "More" and then "Settings"
• Choose the "Privacy" menu and then "Security"
• Choose your privacy settings in the "Cookies" menu
For Safari on iOS:
• Go to the "Settings" application and choose "Safari"
• Go to "Accept cookies" under the "Privacy" heading
• Choose your privacy settings
Your choices directly expressed online with La Grande Épicerie de Paris.
If you do not want our advertising spaces to record cookies on your terminal for advertising purposes, you can click on this disable link, which will save a cookie on your terminal for the sole purpose of disabling the advertising adaptation services on the advertising spaces that we operate. Please note that this procedure will not stop ads from being displayed on your terminal. It will only block the technologies used to adapt the ads to your browsing habits and areas of interest.
Please be aware that a cookie is required to implement your request. If you delete all cookies recorded on your terminal (through your browser), we (or our service providers) will no longer know that you have chosen this option.
Your choices made online on inter-professional platforms
You can log in to the website www.youronlinechoices.eu offered by digital advertising professionals as part of the European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
You can therefore see which companies have signed up to this platform and that offer the option to refuse or accept the cookies used by these companies to adapt the ads likely to be displayed on your terminal to your browsing information: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/.
This European platform is shared by hundreds of advertising professionals on the Internet and is a centralised interface enabling you to express your refusal or acceptance of cookies likely to be used to adapt displayed ads to the browsing on your terminal. Please note that this procedure will not stop ads from being displayed on the websites that you visit. It will only block the technologies used to adapt the ads to your areas of interest.
If you share the use of your Terminal with other people, or if your Terminal has several browsers, we cannot definitively ensure that the advertising services aimed at your Terminal properly correspond to your use of this Terminal rather than that of another user of this Terminal. If applicable, you are free to choose and are responsible for sharing the use of your Terminal with others and configuring the cookie settings.
For more information on cookies and their use, you can read the file of the French National Data Protection Authority at the following address: www.cnil.fr.
Date last updated: 21/11/2017